Click The Button To Download Your Nomination Form!
In January 2008, the SEAFC Board of Directors voted to establish an annual Fire Chief of the Year Award, to be presented to one Career and one Volunteer Chief.
- By January of each year the Executive Director shall notify all SEAFC members via e-mail that nomination period for the SEAFC Fire Chief of the Year Awards is open. Nomination information and forms will be available on the SEAFC website.
- Nominations will be accepted until March 31, of each year. No late nominations will be accepted.
- The nominations will be reviewed by the Fire Chief of the Year Committee. The Committee is comprised of the last three years award winners, SEAFC Committee Chair (who will not have voting privileges) and the Executive Director (who will not have voting privileges). The Committee reserves the right to select an award winner based on the information received.
- All names of nominees and names of persons submitting nominations will be kept confidential until the Installation Dinner at the Annual Conference.
Presentation of Award
- The Awards will be presented at the SEAFC Annual Leadership Conference at the Installation Dinner.
- Person nominated must be a member in good standing of the SEAFC.
- Person nominated must carry a Chief Officer’s rank and title.
- Examples: Chief, Deputy Chief, Assistant Chief, Battalion Chief, Training Chief, Operations Chief, Admin Chief, etc.
- Nominated chiefs must be active chiefs of their department.
Nominees will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Professional development
- Service to the public
- Contributions to the fire service as a whole
- All of a nominee’s fire service activities will be considered but special emphasis will be placed on accomplishments during the previous 4 years of service.
- Career is defined as someone who earns his/her principal livelihood as a fire chief.
- Volunteer is defined as someone who earns his/her principal livelihood by some other means other than serving as a fire chief, even if the position as chief carries some compensation.
- Within designated category, department status (career, combination or volunteer) as a whole is not considered.
General Information – Please read carefully
- This award is given annually to a Career and Volunteer Fire Chief (must hold a chief officer rank in the department) who exemplifies characteristics of an outstanding chief and who has an outstanding record of fire service achievement. The career fire chief is anyone serving in a paid capacity of a municipal or combination department. The volunteer chief is anyone serving as a chief in a volunteer department and does not draw a full-time salary.
- Several components will be measured to select the Fire Chief of the Year and include the following:
Fire Service Experience, Education, Professional Development, Community Involvement, Fire Service Involvement/contributions and Character.
- All nominations must be type-written and signed by the individual submitting the form.
- Support materials may accompany the outline on the attached page; however, the entire nomination package should not exceed six (6) pages.
- Nominees must be a member of the SEAFC to be eligible for this award.
- The Fire Chief of the Year Committee will evaluate each nomination and will present the awards at the SEAFC Annual Leadership Conference. It shall be the responsibility of the person submitting the nomination to do everything possible to ensure that his/her nominee is present at the conference.
- The Nomination Form can be downloaded from the web site at www.seafc.org and must be completed and submitted no later than March 31, 2018.
Please submit the nomination in outline form using the information on the attached sheet as your guideline. All nominations must be type-written and postmarked no later than March 31, 2018, to SEAFC, 5800 Brickhouse Road, Bahama, NC 27503. If you have any questions, call (843)397-9146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.